Sunday, January 09, 2005

Too busy - Welcome

Relax. This won't last long.
Or if it does, or if the lines
make you sleepy or bored,
give in to sleep, turn on
the T.V., deal the cards.
This poem is built to withstand
such things. Its feelings
cannot be hurt. They exist
somewhere in the poet,
and I am far away.
Pick it up anytime. Start it
in the middle if you wish.
It is as approachable as melodrama,
and can offer you violence
if it is violence you like. Look,
there's a man on a sidewalk;
the way his leg is quivering
he'll never be the same again.
This is your poem
and I know you're busy at the office
or the kids are into your last nerve.
Maybe it's sex you've always wanted.
Well, they lie together
like the party's unbuttoned coats,
slumped on the bed
waiting for drunken arms to move them.
I don't think you want me to go on;
everyone has his expectations, but this
is a poem for the entire family.
Right now, Budweiser
is dripping from a waterfall,
deodorants are hissing into armpits
of people you resemble,
and the two lovers are dressing now,
saying farewell.
I don't know what music this poem
can come up with, but clearly
it's needed. For it's apparent
they will never see each other again
and we need music for this
because there was never music when he or she
left you standing on the corner.
You see, I want this poem to be nicer
than life. I want you to look at it
when anxiety zigzags your stomach
and the last tranquilizer is gone
and you need someone to tell you
I'll be here when you want me
like the sound inside a shell.
The poem is saying that to you now.
But don't give anything for this poem.
It doesn't expect much. It will never say more
than listening can explain.
Just keep it in your attache case
or in your house. And if you're not asleep
by now, or bored beyond sense,
the poem wants you to laugh. Laugh at
yourself, laugh at this poem, at all poetry.
Come on:

Good. Now here's what poetry can do.

Imagine yourself a caterpillar.
There's an awful shrug and, suddenly,
You're beautiful for as long as you live.

17 Comments:

Blogger jon said...

Searching web cam video or movie sites I was surprised at some of the web cam video or movie content...Its amazing some of these web cam video or movie sites show weird things.

I stumbled onto your blog while just messing around tonight after dinner...

Jon

October 1, 2005 at 9:55 PM  
Blogger golfing-girls said...

what's up y'all?? any cute boys wanna chat with me on my webcam? found this GREAT adult web cams portal for FREE check it out, the ultimate adult web cams !!!

October 22, 2005 at 8:56 AM  
Blogger golfing-girls said...

what's up y'all?? any cute boys wanna chat with me on my webcam? found this GREAT adult web cams portal for FREE check it out, the ultimate adult web cams !!!

October 22, 2005 at 11:17 AM  
Blogger Gordon said...

Hello, you blog is funny and informative. I have a website about improving your adult sex life. Please visit if you want to enjoy sex more in a proper way.

November 6, 2005 at 3:16 AM  
Blogger Jim Minte said...

Life is the art of drawing without an eraser.

I have a Phone Sex site/blog. It pretty much covers Phone Sex and Adult related talk.

Come and check it out if you get time :-)
Here is our number 1-900-336-8777

November 22, 2005 at 6:27 PM  
Blogger Jim Minte said...

All that I know I learned after I was thirty.
I have a Phone Sex site/blog. It pretty much covers Phone Sex and Adult related talk.

Come and check it out if you get time :-)
Here is our number 1-900-336-8777

November 24, 2005 at 10:51 PM  
Blogger Jim Minte said...

Experience keeps a dear school, but fools will learn in no other.
I have a Phone Sex site/blog. It pretty much covers Phone Sex and Adult related talk.

Come and check it out if you get time :-)
Here is our number 1-900-336-8777

November 26, 2005 at 2:17 AM  
Blogger Jim Minte said...

Everything has been said before, but since nobody listens we have to keep going back and beginning all over again.

I have a Phone Sex site/blog. It pretty much covers Phone Sex and Adult related talk.

Come and check it out if you get time :-)
Here is our number 1-900-336-8777

November 28, 2005 at 9:07 PM  
Blogger Jim Minte said...

Everything has been said before, but since nobody listens we have to keep going back and beginning all over again.

I have a Phone Sex site/blog. It pretty much covers Phone Sex and Adult related talk.

Come and check it out if you get time :-)
Here is our number 1-900-336-8777

November 28, 2005 at 10:06 PM  
Blogger Jim Minte said...

Few people even scratch the surface, much less exhaust the contemplation of their own experience.

I have a Phone Sex site/blog. It pretty much covers Phone Sex and Adult related talk.

Come and check it out if you get time :-)
Here is our number 1-900-336-8777

November 30, 2005 at 4:07 PM  
Blogger Jim Minte said...

Everything has been said before, but since nobody listens we have to keep going back and beginning all over again.

I have a Phone Sex site/blog. It pretty much covers Phone Sex and Adult related talk.

Come and check it out if you get time :-)
Here is our number 1-900-336-8777

December 8, 2005 at 2:28 PM  
Blogger Shawn T Lippert said...

Thank you for the informative blog
Here Is some additional Web Cam Chat resources for adults.
Web Cam Chat if you or your readers are interested

December 9, 2005 at 6:55 PM  
Blogger Jim Minte said...

Life is like playing a violin solo in public and learning the instrument as one goes on.

I have a Phone Sex site/blog. It pretty much covers Phone Sex and Adult related talk.

Come and check it out if you get time :-)
Here is our number 1-900-336-8777

December 25, 2005 at 4:39 PM  
Blogger mauricefisher0925 said...

I read over your blog, and i found it inquisitive, you may find My Blog interesting. My blog is just about my day to day life, as a park ranger. So please Click Here To Read My Blog

January 4, 2006 at 2:20 PM  
Blogger johneywarner0404808760 said...

I read over your blog, and i found it inquisitive, you may find My Blog interesting. So please Click Here To Read My Blog

http://pennystockinvestment.blogspot.com

January 27, 2006 at 2:10 AM  
Blogger mandyerickson7079162609 said...

Get any Desired College Degree, In less then 2 weeks.

Call this number now 24 hours a day 7 days a week (413) 208-3069

Get these Degrees NOW!!!

"BA", "BSc", "MA", "MSc", "MBA", "PHD",

Get everything within 2 weeks.
100% verifiable, this is a real deal

Act now you owe it to your future.

(413) 208-3069 call now 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.

May 9, 2006 at 11:50 AM  
Blogger PersonalPhoneChat-Tjt said...

Good piece of blogging. Happy that I accidentally found your blog. I would love you to visit my site phone sex and give me your opinion, thanks.

December 9, 2006 at 12:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

uk phone sex uk phone sex uk phone sex uk phone sex uk phone sex uk phone sex uk phone sex uk phone sex uk phone sex uk phone sex uk phone sex uk phone sex uk phone sex uk phone sex uk phone sex uk phone sex uk phone sex domination phone sex domination phone sex domination phone sex uk phone sex uk phone sex uk phone sex uk phone sex uk phone sex phone sex uk sex chat webcam girls, web cam girl adult webcams, adult web cam sex cams, web cam sex, webcam sex sex cams, webcam girls teen webcam, webcam girls teen webcam, teen webcam girls webcam girls teen webcams sex cams web cam girls web cam girls teen web cam adult web cam web cam sex free sex cam sex cam adult webcams free sex cams web cam sex sex cams web cam chat webcam chat teen web cams adult web cams adult webcams free webcams girl web cam sex chat video chat live teen webcam web cam girls webcam girls gay webcams nude webcams